Sunday, April 5, 2009

episode 24: 400 dollars in the hole and i didnt even get a hooker.

so i got burnt for a sampler over EBAY. fucking texas jerkoffs.
and i lost out on not one but 3( count em) 3 gigs this weekend

gig one:
I run into the arcade( big mistake) and tony corners me, says his DJ cant make it till 2 and he needs someone to cover for his Party that he's holding at a reputable location. now i shoulda called bullshit right there and in any other case i would have, but this was an associate, a friend. Everybody knew the party was bogus but me. and in hindsight i shoulda got my dough upfront, but my policy is friends in need i dont ask for cash up front unless im missing out on another paying opportunity. long story short. 10 pm rolls around and tony is nowhere to be found. either he skated out or found another dj and just didnt call me to say so.

gig 2: the bar called, no gig tonite... i honestly dont think they like me very much and for the price im getting paid there... not really worth it but theyre good people i guess. I'm gonna keep an ear out for other gigs. maybe start working with Dj no-chaser Fulltime.

gig 3: speaking if No chaser, his big gig that was supposed to be my recurring money maker fell right on thru hard on its ass, so i spun at Phsh's place

but as usual it was a short spin, just a set up , i got off , it was good. came home high and now im here, 400 in the hole. sheeyat.

No comments: